Inspired by Caitlin Price. I have her to thank for ever blogging on my own accord. Someone please give her a job, she is way to intelligent to work at a daycare for minimum wage.
Like Cait, I graduated from college -- and although I only have a $75,000 education, we are both working at substantially less than our dream jobs. College has become an extension of high school, not an institution of higher learning. Colleges have become a business, who care more about money than the quality of their student's education. Get 'em in and then... well who cares, they're invested now.
I had a professor that was really critical of my work. I always thought I would someday look back and thank him. Three years after graduation, I still see him as Dennis Quaid's character in Smart People. A pompous winbag who ripped apart my musical of two men's love for a computer monitor, yet cannot rationally explain to me how overlaying a guy pretending to swim over one of those rubber pools filled with milk is artistic genius. The point I'm getting at is most professors are full of prunes and merit has been lost in translation. A bachelor's degree now only proves you're capable of placating to arrogant winbags.
Friday, March 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment